ONGOING MAJOR PROJECTS
- Replace vertical wood guides from the side of the companionway, and the horizontal sill, with G-10. Paint.
- Finish galley cabinets, build ice box. [In Progress]
- Install new cosmetic overhead liner.
- Install new
self-draining bottom in anchor locker, install windlass, replace backing material under deck. [In Progress]
- Continue re-tabbing bulkheads to hull from galley to stern.
- Modify nav station cabinet and shelving, install SSB radio and stereo. [In Progress]
- Build 3rd dinette seat with storage under, build & install dinette table.
- Repair and add various cabinets and shelves, including complete rebuild of head compartment.
- Wiring and lighting.
- Resurface and paint exterior deck and cockpit, and interior.
- Replace any remaining rotten plywood in the cabin sole and install non-skid finish material.
- Fix all the other things that become apparent along the way. [In Progress]
COMPLETED MAJOR PROJECTS
- Installed AIS and VHF in flush panels at nav station.
- Removed anchor locker rotten wood hatch, frame and rotten deck backing, fabricated new G-10 hatch frame, fabricated new hatch cover from Cortex foam and 5 layers of Knytex fiberglass, painted with Awlgrip.
- Installed range and propane system.
- Removed wood guides for companionway slider hatch, milled G-10 on table saw (wore out 3 blades) and bonded in place (no deck penetrations), painted with Awlgrip. (This is a very nice upgrade, very strong.)
- Replaced engine, shaft, and propeller.
- Replaced fresh water tank (located in the keel under the engine).
- Removed teak cockpit coamings and replaced with laminated Cortex foam and fiberglass (bigger and more waterproof).
- Fabricated and installed new stronger stainless steel mainsheet traveler horse.
- Repaired rotten plywood laminate and delaminated fiberglass on cabin
side interior, faired and painted, and replaced 8 opening ports.
- Refinished exterior cabin trunk and installed new stainless steel grab rails.
- Removed large cabin windows, closed the openings with 19 layers of Knytex fiberglass, refinished in and out, then installed four new large opening ports.
- Replace mast, standing rigging and running rigging.
- Fabricate and install stainless steel bowsprit (Svendsen's) with Solent rig chainplates and anchor rollers.
- Purchase and install roller furling systems for genoa and solent jib.
- Repaired 320 blisters on bottom, applied 6 epoxy barrier coats.
- Fabricated Dutchman Boom Brake control line base plates (Svendsen's) and installed so that the mounts are stronger and
the control lines clear the cabin top.
- Installed Monitor self-steering, fabricated aluminum "backwards" tiller for self-steering and emergency.
- Re-tabbed all forward bulkheads to hull and re-tabbed cabinet corners.
- Replaced rotten floor frames and cabin sole in forepeak and around head and mast.
- Strengthened bulkheads around steering cable pulleys and re-mounted pulleys.
- Add fiberglass reinforcement over the cabin overhead main beam and main bulkhead at the mast.
Post a Comment